It’s important that families and students considering Jefferson Community School have as much information as possible in making their decision about which school to attend.
It’s also important that JCS has the opportunity to learn as much as possible about your child so we can ensure an excellent fit.
The following steps in the admissions process are designed to do both.
Learn about JCS
- Attend the Prospective Families Meeting (if possible)
- Spend time reading the JCS information packet and website
Visit the School
- Parents and student meet with Head of School (schedule a meeting (360) 385-0622)
- Student shadows for a day at JCS
- Speak to other parents whose child attends JCS, if you so choose
Complete application and submit all pieces to JCS
- Give Teacher Reference form to previous teacher
- Submit copies of last 2 years of school records
- Complete Applicant Information form
- Student completes Student Questionnaire and Writing Sample
- Complete Parent/Guardian information form
- Student Interview at JCS
- Pay $150 application fee
[If you are applying for Financial aid, all financial information will need to be submitted by as well. See Financial Aid process]
You will receive our enrollment decision in the mail. Accepted students will receive a welcome letter and a contract. To ensure your child’s place in the fall, we expect a signed contract and a tuition deposit within 10 days of receipt.
Admissions Forms to Download